It seems that you distinguish between the xStep and xFinal methods by
the number of argments.  xStep as 1+N argument (where N is the number
of function parameters) and xFinal has just 1.

Dan suggests (and I agree) that this will not extend well to window
functions.  It might be better to have an initial argument that is the
"method" name.  xStep would 2+N arguments where the first argument is
the string "step" and xFinal has 2 arguments where the first argument
is "final".  Then when you go to add the xValue and xInverse routines
for window functions, you will have a convenient way to distinguish
those calls from xStep and xFinal.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org