I have a Comment table with the fields: CommentID, Summary, Comment, Pages,
TimeStamp, Hyperlink. The TimeStamp field is setup as a Time(8), time with 8
characters only. Not every comment in this table requires a timestamp, so it
should remain null. However, it has started adding "Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 EST
1970" and it will not let me clear it. This is being populated with the
following Java code, in the past, it would just remain null. I included a
Regular Expression to check the GUI field data when it is used. But, I can't
even manually clear it now and I haven't changed the setup of the database, the
table or TimeStamp field.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
String insertComment = "INSERT INTO Comment(Summary, Comment, Page, TimeStamp,
Hyperlink) VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?)";stmt =
conn.prepareStatement(insertComment);stmt.setString(1,this.tbxSummary.getText());stmt.setString(2,this.tbxComment.getText());stmt.setString(3,this.tbxPages.getText());stmt.setString(4,this.tbxTimeStamp.getText());stmt.setString(5,
 this.tbxHyperlink.getText());stmt.execute()

Scott ValleryEcclesiastes 4:9-10