As mentioned the release announcements is a separate mailing list, so people
can get those without being deluged by stuff from this list. Pasting the
announcement here.

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-announce [mailto:sqlite-announce-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of
Richard Hipp
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2019 10:20 AM
To: sqlite-announce
Subject: [sqlite-announce] Version 3.27.1

SQLite version 3.27.1 is now available on the SQLite website:

  https://sqlite.org/
  https://sqlite.org/download.html
  https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_27_1.html

The only big enhancement in this release is the addition of the VACUUM
INTO command, which allows a database to be backed up atomically such
that the backup is minimal in size and contains no forensic traces of
deleted content. There are also enhancements to the command-line
interface and to some of the APIs such as sqlite3_deserialize(), and
general improvements to the robustness of SQLite when it is reading
and writing maliciously corrupted database files.

There was a 3.27.0 release yesterday. But a bug report came in just
after we had tagged the 3.27.0 release and before we had uploaded the
code and made the release announcement.  The bug report was for a
query optimizer problem in 3.20.0 and was an older bug, completely
unrelated to recent changes.  Rather than announce the 3.27.0 release,
then turn around an announce a 3.27.1 patch release the next day, we
just omitted the 3.27.0 release announcement, and thereby (hopefully)
spared people the trouble of having to upgrade twice. It would have
been better, of course, if the bug report had come to our attention
prior to tagging the 3.27.0 release so that we could have fixed the
problem in 3.27.0. But sometimes bug reports arrive at inopportune
moments.

Some of the Windows build products on the download page are still on
version 3.27.0.  They will be updated to version 3.27.1 within 24
hours.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org