Hello,

I apologize right at the beginning, because this is a real noob question. But I
don't have much experience with performance optimization and indexes, so I'm
hoping for some useful hints what indexes to create.

I have queries like this:

SELECT parameter, value FROM metadata WHERE id1=a AND id2 IS NULL and id3 IS
NULL
-or-
SELECT parameter, value FROM metadata WHERE id1=a AND id2=b and id3 IS NULL
-or-
SELECT parameter, value FROM metadata WHERE id1=a AND id2=b and id3=c

Do I have to create three indexes, one for each column id1, id2, id3? Or is it
better or even necessary to create only one index covering all three id columns?

Do I need indexes for the parameter and value columns as well, and under which
circumstances? (Only if I want to use a SELECT ... WHERE parameter = xy?)

Kind regards,
Thomas