> It's only a fair comparison if the simdjson code runs on the same system.
> It might reach 10GB/s or 200MB/s…
>
> Another possible concern is whether the SQLite JSON code is 100% compliant

AFAIK no known json parser is 100% compliant.

> (I don't know if this is the case). There are some hairy edge cases in JSON
> (Unicode handling) that might slow down processing if they need to be
> handled according to spec. Then the question becomes if that is important.

http://seriot.ch/parsing_json.php

is a very in-depth analysis of the json spec, its edge cases, and of
many json parsers with respect to these. The associated torture test
suite used by and written for that article can be found at

        https://github.com/nst/JSONTestSuite

--
See you,
        Andreas Kupries <akupr...@shaw.ca>