Lloyd writes:
I wish to build SQLite as a dll in Windows. As per the documentation here
https://www.sqlite.org/howtocompile.html, I have executed the command
cl sqlite3.c -link -dll -out:sqlite3.dll
on Visual Studio x86 command prompt.

It seems that the dll built doesn't export any symbols! I checked it using
the dumpbin utility. But the dll downloaded from www.sqlite.org exports
symbols.

How can I build the dll correctly?

The project publishes a file, Makefile.msc, which is written in the language
understood by NMAKE.exe, (which ships with Visual Studio.)  It defines a
target, ‘dll’ (sans quotes), recipe for which builds the DLL you want.  You
could either study that file to see the relevant flags for CL.exe (and LINK.exe
and a couple other tools), or you could invoke NMAKE in a command-line shell
thusly:
nmake -f Makefile.msc dll
For the latter, you would first run the VS batch file that sets the environment
so those tools can find necessary files.