From looking at the System.Data.SQLite source (someone please correct me if I
am wrong)

It would use whatever cipher was provided to it via the native library that it
was deployed with.  It's designed with sqlite encryption extension in mind but
I suppose in theory it would work with any implementation that properly
implements the sqlite3_key APIs / PRAGMAs.  As far as I can tell it is not a
foregone conclusion in the C# as to what algorithm is used.

The one on Nuget just ships with the vanilla sqlite which has no encryption
support.  Decompiling and searching for the sqlite3_key binding shows that it
is not present in the library (which makes sense since it is guarded by an #if
in the source base)

On 2019/04/01 18:27, "sqlite-users on behalf of Mattock Paul"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of
pmatt...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    All,

    Would anyone be able to confirm what cipher is used for encrypting an
SQLite database when password="" is used?

    I have seen old posts online which state its 128bit but assume this is now
wrong and am after completing a design document which requires I state the
encryption level.

    Regards,

    Tithras

Privacy Policy<http://www.couchbase.com/privacy-policy>