Nelson, Erik - 2, on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:04 AM, wrote...
>I maintained an in-house sqlite patch that did this for a number of years...
> just made the buffer a little bigger, printed something like
>
>" set tt.<==HERE"
>
>It was quite useful for helping application users self-serve their own query
>problems.

Yes. I would think that just a simple,

error: ".", near " set tt.d = "

where the near constains 10 characters to the left of the error, and 10
character to the right of the error, including the error.  Or something like
that would not add too much to the size and buffer of sqlite.  But, then again,
I am just a newbie.  Which is probably why I am asking for it. :-)  Thanks.

josé