J. King, on Thursday, May 23, 2019 07:26 AM, wrote...
>On May 23, 2019 6:46:52 a.m. EDT, R Smith <ryansmit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>This is SQLite. Perhaps some of us could collaborate on a fork called
>>SQLbloat and put out standard libs/code/precompileds for versions of
>>sqlite with everything - bbq sauce and all, for when you don't need
>>Lite
>>- then you can specify that the queries are for SQLbloat and they will
>>run out the box directly and correctly.  Linux distro wars coming to an
>
>I find this a little condescending. There's a lot of reasons to like
> SQLite, and the aspect that sways me more than others is not "lite", but
> "zeroconf".

I also feel the same way as Mr. King, but, I understand the "bloating" idea.
And so, I am happy to have the liteness. But, do I pray every day for a little
bloat-ness from SQLite for my own greed?  Yes, indeed.

>I mainly use SQLite in PHP and Tcl, so using my own SQLite library is
> often not practical, and in the case of PHP, loadable extensions are

I have been using D and SQlite since 2006. I have prepared tools for myself,
work, friends, church using these two tools and the freeware libraries that I
can find. They work perfectly, but I want more. :-) However, I am thrill to
continue to use SQLite the way it is.  But, again, do I pray for more? Yes. :-)
 Thanks for the chance to be part of this discussion.

josé