Warren Young, on Friday, July 12, 2019 12:53 PM, wrote...

> On Jul 12, 2019, at 10:16 AM, Jose Isaias Cabrera, on

> > "an historical oversight" is the correct English syntax, by the way. ;-)
>
> I can highly recommend the book “Word by Word: The Secret Life of
> Dictionaries,” written by one of the editors at Merriam-Webster.  The
> author spends much of her book illustrating why prescriptivist approaches
> to language are doomed to failure.

I wouldn't read that. Anything that tells me that doing the right thing is
going to make me fail in life, is not worth reading. ;-)  Can you imagine if we
started sending any command to the SQLite3 tool? For example,

HEY SQL TOOL, GIVE ME THE LIST OF ALL THE LAST NAME THAT START WITH C; NOW!;

That wouldn't get you anywhere. There is an old proverb that goes something
like, "Do no remove the ancient landmarks that your fathers have set."  When we
start doing we what want, we lose our point of reference. :-)  Sorry. Back to
coding...

josé