1) I imported a new table using dbbrowser for sqlite from a csv file
one of the fields is named myfdat and the first record contains '12/01/2011'

2) the import created a table with the field myfdt as type text and the value matches the csv file

3) I want to select all records where myfdt is between 11/05/2011 and 12/30/2011.... have had no success
Could someone please post the correct sql statement to do this?

queries like this give no results:
 select * from mytable
where myfdt > '11/06/2011'
and myfdt < '04/13/2018'

4)I have tried several combinations of creating a new field
of type numeric, blob, real, and integer and then tried to update
this new field using several date functions, among them:
update mytable
set myfdt =
 substr(myfdt, 7) || "-" || substr(myfdt,4,2)  || "-" || substr(myfdt, 1,2)
the sql ran ok, but the data in the new field is in the yyyy-dd-mm format

depending on which combination I used, I get either no results
or I get wrong answers because a date like 12/04/2011 is
treat like it is April 12 instead of December 4th.

Thank you.
Steve