If I have 2 indexes 'A' and 'B', can I use rootPage to determine which one of
them is older?

This is for a dynamic index sweep to decide which one to drop.

It doesn't matter if it's sometimes wrong, if the index is needed again it will
be re-created. I just don't want to get into a situation where we keep dropping
and recreating the newest index rather than the oldest one (we use a set of 16
dynamic indexes).

This seems to work for me, or is it just because my database has been vacuumed
recently and if a database has a lot of empty pages it will add new indexes to
smaller pages than older indexes?

- Deon