On 8/30/19 3:34 AM, Keith Medcalf wrote:
> Fascinating again, because the code is identical.  The p1 difference in the
> OpenWrite/IdxInsert/IdxDelete opcodes is just the "file handle" that happens
> to be being used and doesn't have any real significance (at least I don't
> think it does).  The p3 in the Transaction opcode is merely the schemacookie
> and not only indicates that the schema has seen 2 changes between these plans
> being generated (presumably the DROP and CREATE of the index).
>
> I am at a loss to explain the difference in execution speed.

Do not bother! I was just curious if this was expected behavior. Until
now I put about 5h into solving this little riddle. With DROP INDEX /
CREATE INDEX I got something that works for me and therefore I will
leave it at that.

However, if one wants to investigate further, I am happy to provide
additional information.

--
Best regards

dirdi