From: Chris Schirlinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:18 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Unable to load DLL Help!

>  [DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (sqlite3).]
> Im assuming "unable to load dll" is not the actual problem, the dll is in
> the correct directory and was working fine until today. I tried an old
> version of sqlite3.dll (before the autoincrement feature was implemented)
> which seemed to work ok, but the database im using uses that feature so I
> need to get a more current version working. Any help is much appreciated,
> need to solve this problem ASAP. Thanks!

I just struggled with this same error (different system, .net 2, we
built the SQlite DLL ourselves)

The error in my case was the SQLIte DLL had dependencies we didn't
realize it had (A bad project setup so it was linking in stuff it
shouldn't have)

It was misleading, since we were getting dllnotfoundexception on an
assembly that existed, calling an assembly that existed calling a
Win32 DLL that existed that was looking for something that *DIDN'T*
exist

That error only signifies a missing DLL somewhere in the dependency
list from what my research turned up, I'd take another look to make
sure some hidden dependency hasn't crept in somewhere (Not necessarly
in the SQLite DLL, but could even be in ones called by it)