On 26/9/19 11:51 PM, Keith Medcalf wrote:
> So, when you ask for time(current_time, 'localtime') you are saying to
> get the current utc datetime, discard the date part, then assume that
> the date part is 2000-01-01 with that time, then compute the
> "localtime" for that UTC time, and then discard the date part and
> return the result. So the answer is correct, but for 2000-01-01
> according to the whims of the politicians who set the localtime rules
> at that time (and whether or not your OS knows how to compute that,
> Windows does not, for example).

I must remember that phrase, "whim of the politicians". Such a beautiful
hand-wavy description of perfectly mundane issues like daylight saving time.

Given the magnitude of the difference (1 hour) and the seasonal
differences between Jan 1 and the date of the original question (Sep
26), I'd surmise this was the most likely cause.

--
Best Regards,
Adrian