How do you know that the "error" is related to the use of a caret?

Perhaps your .net wrapper is diddling text strings that contain carets for some
reason known only to the wrapper writer?  Have you checked the wrapper
documentation to see if such diddling is documented, and if so, how to turn it
off?

And where do you get the idea that a caret in a string is a "filter or so"?

lot about anticipated traffic volume.