On 10/13/19, Shawn Wagner <shawnw.mob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The documentation for a column with NUMERIC affinity says
>
>> When text data is inserted into a NUMERIC column, the storage class of
> the text is converted to INTEGER or REAL (in order of preference) if such
> conversion is lossless and reversible.

Thank you for the bug report.

The term "lossless" in the documentation is certainly very confusing
as it was used. Therefore the documentation has been revised to avoid
using the word "lossless" and to be more precise about when automatic
type conversions occur and when they do not.

I consider this to be a documentation bug, not an SQLite bug.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org