Does anyone have any examples (preferably in C) of simple programs
that access SQLite database files by something other than SQLite API?
Ideal would be Linux C source code for a program that obtains a read
lock on the database, mmap's the entire file, determines where a given
table resides, and then iterates through all the rows in that table,
page faulting them in as necessary, issuing a callback for each one.

Failing that :), I'd be interested in anything remotely close, whether
it uses the BTree interface or accesses the file on disk directly.
The SQLite code is startlingly clear, but necessarily quite complex.
Looking through the archives, I've seen several mentions of people
working on such things, but no mention of their completion.  Paul G or
Joseph Stewart: any updates on your respective endeavors?

Thanks!

Nathan Kurz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]