On 12/12/19, Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com> wrote:

>> AND only if the struct is then copied to a separate trust domain.
>
> You mean like in copying from kernel space to user space?  Or old-style RPC?
>  Or mmap() based IPC APIs?  Or…?
>
> I wouldn’t dismiss this warning.

Copying from kernel-space to user-space is one example.  Another would
be copying an internal SQLite struct out into a file, such as a
database file, accessible to other processes.  SQLite never does
either of these things.  Database files are written byte-by-byte, and
never by copying structures.  We know this is the case because there
is no other way to make the database endian-agnostic.  So the whole
issue is moot and you can ignore all of those warnings.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org