Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 8:59 PM
To: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Test failures on GPFS

CAUTION: This email comes from an external source; the attachments and/or links
may compromise our secure environment. Do not open or click on suspicious
emails. Please click on the “Phish Alert” button on the top right of the
Outlook dashboard to report any suspicious emails.

On 1/11/20, J. King <jk...@jkingweb.ca> wrote:

> WAL mode does not work over the network, so the test failures are presumably
> to be expected.

WAL mode should work on a network filesystem, as long as all of the
clients are on the same host computer, and as long as mmap()-ing the
*-shm file gives all the clients shared memory.  Dunno if GPFS does
that or not, though.  Maybe not.  Or, maybe not reliably.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org