On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 7:00 am, Donald Griggs <dfgri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Syed,
>
> ===============================
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:34 AM Syed Ahmad <syed.ah...@passivsystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> > We are at 3.14.2   Date : 2016-09-12
> >
> > how can i take latest stable branch which include only bug fixes . no new
> > features.
> >
> > Is there any way?
> > ==============================
>

> I may well not be understanding properly, but what motivates you to ask for
> this?
> Since the sqlite team spends so much effort to ensure backward
> compatibility, how bad would things be if you simply updated to the current
> stable release?
>
> The team does allow many features to be eliminated through conditional
> compilation if you are severely constrained in RAM.   Was RAM size the
> motivation?
>
> To provide versions which include only bug fixes from any arbitrary
> releasee, I should think the developers would, for every stable release,
> have to maintain a new fixes-only branch indefinitely -- and thus have to
> maintain dozens of branches.   Am I missing something?
>
> Kind regards,
>    Donald

I can't speak to his exact scenario but having spent time in a very risk
averse work environment, I've experienced this kind of thinking.

The logic is almost always as a result of "we must have low bug counts
(true) so we need bug fixes (true) but new features introduce bugs (in
general true) therefore we don't want any new features".

In other words it's a result of the environment rather than a reflection of
SQLite.

Regards,
Donald Shepherd.