On 27 Jan 2020, at 11:53pm, Donald Shepherd <donald.sheph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In-process? Same concept but defining it by what it is rather than what it
> isn't.

This comes closest to what I think needs stating.  What you're trying to say is
that there's no process (on the accessing computer or some other computer
across a network) which handles and coordinates all the database access.

I was thinking about the word 'decentralised' but that seems to mean something
that used to be central.  'uncentralised' is a word which just needs
explaining.  And 'uncoordinated' doesn't mean the right thing in English.

One problem is that 'server' has too many meanings now.  SQLite is certainly
'serverless', but that doesn't say enough.  Does 'decentralised' mean anything
useful to the sort of person who might need to read that description ?