Using 3.2.7

I have a 6.5 gb database with 29,587 records in it. It takes about
30-40 seconds for a count to return the first time I specify one in
"Sqlite3" (seeing this in my program as well). Subsequent "count"
operations are nearly instantaneous even when I exit Sqlite3 and
restart. I'm pretty much seeing that across the board with other DB's
as well, that count take a fairly long time the first time it's called
and then it's fast.

Is there any way I can speed this up? I use "count" to set my progress
bars to proper ranges so, the delay causes people to wait.

.schema
CREATE TABLE Files_V1
(
       FileOrder        INTEGER ,
       Filename         TEXT,
       Length           INTEGER,
       Signature        BLOB,
       Date             INTEGER,
       Topic                  TEXT,
       Title                 TEXT,
       Chapter           TEXT,
       User1                     TEXT,
       User2        TEXT,
       File                      BLOB, PRIMARY KEY(Signature)
);
CREATE INDEX FileIndex_V1 ON Files_V1 (Filename);
CREATE INDEX TitleIndex_V1 ON Files_V1 (Title);

"select count(FileOrder) from Files_V1;"