On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 6:42 PM James K. Lowden <jklow...@schemamania.org> wrote:
> Do you want to force applications to "pre-convert" values the DBMS can
> convert implicitly?

Yes, that's exactly what I want James.
I want the enforce the bind-value type to be an exact match for the
column value type.

I could before, via CHECK+typeof(), so that's still breaking BC,
even though I accept that now that I was explained things.

> Do you want binding choices in the application to
> drive the datatype in the database, or do you want the database to
> enforce types?

You're twisting my point here. I obviously want the reverse,
I want the database types to "drive" the binding done. 1-to-1.
Because even if binding a different type would work, via SQLite's
own implicit conversion, I don't want that, because it's hiding a bug
in the code most likely instead. --DD