On Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020 18:36:15 CET Simon Slavin wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2020, at 5:15pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why the database can not be read by another sqlite3 session when the
> > corresponding -wal file exists? Thanks.
>
> This is done on purpose by the developers of Firefox to prevent a security
> vulnerability which I will not describe in public.

Will this stop anyone from just copying the DB without the -wal file?
Afterwards, the DB can be read, as there is no longer any associated log.

> One of the Mozilla developers involved in the decision reads this list.  If
> you have a good reason why you want to open the SQLite database while
> Firefox is running, you could post it here.  You might be able to persuade
> them to reconsider the decision.

One use case I am aware of (although this targets places.sqlite, not
cookies.sqlite) is reading the history, bookmarks and tags.

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019