I refer to you Dean Swift and his description of the dilemma of the Lilliputians, whether to break open an egg at the big or little end. It might help.

pps wrote:
John Stanton wrote:

you have need for the facilities supplied by the database? Simple is always better. The idea of storing simple non-variant computational data structures in XML is bizarre.

Simply because I mentioned capabilities of a library to serialize data in xml format does *NOT* in a any way mean that I propose to use this capability for storing data in sqlite blobs (and that would be bizzare, as you said ;). It was mentioned just because it showed you visual results of serializing a simple structure. I could as well copy-past 8 bytes, result of using binary archive, but that wouldn't be too descriptive.