[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Peter Bierman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Related to a project I'm working on, it would be useful for me to be able to open a database file via passing an already open file descriptor to the sqlite open() call. sqlite3_openfd().

That is not possible.  SQLite needs to know the name of
the file so that it can create an appropriate rollback
journal in order to do atomic commits.

But it's totally possible to do that in memory too. I would just like to avoid using a RamDisk. As I will probably need that feature I might commit it and send a patch here.

Steve