Hi

<<What is "slow" or "slower"? >>
When I run the program without logs an action take 1ms, with logs inserted
in a text file it takes 1.2ms so its "SLOW", and with logs inserted in a
SQLite DB it takes 1.4ms so its "SLOWER" than the text file.

<<What is the reason for using database in the first place (do you need to
select information?) >>

I Try tu use database for 2 reasons :
1 -  because the text file logs was slow, and I thought that database is
faster than the text file.
2 - to easily manipulate log files to detect abnormal behaviour

<<but I cannot see how anyone will be able to give you any useful answer>>
If you cannot, you cannot said that others cannot.

thank you

On 1/13/06, CARTER-HITCHIN, David, FM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had similar issues with inserts and solved them by wrapping the insert
> into a transaction.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Carter-Hitchin.
> --