Noel Frankinet wrote:

Nilo Paim wrote:

Hi all,

Does anybody here knows something about a port of sqlite to java?

Please, note that I'm not talking about java calling sqlite via JNI, but
about a real rewrite of sqlite using java. Obviously, a second step
would be the writing of a JDBC driver.

Would be useful that port?

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks to all.

Nilo
Porto Alegre - Brasil

Hello Nilo,

What would be the point ?
A slower, memory hungry, less portable sqlite ?

Cheers,

Hi Noel,

Maybe slower, maybe memory hungry... but not less portable in my opinion. Java is machine independent, unless when using native code. On that scenario ( native code ) Java is not portable.

My point is: I would like to have access to sqlite databases from java without worrying me about native code, dll's, .so'es, etc..., just using only pure java code, without lossing the normal access to the same databases, using the "normal" way, via C, C++ or any other compiled language.

Thanks for your quick response.

Cheers,

Nilo
Porto Alegre - Brasil