On Jan 22, 2006, at 7:43 PM, Kurt Welgehausen wrote:

There's no string type in SQL. Go to
<http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html>
and read section 2.1.

Regards

Okay, my previous message related to SQL syntax, so I suppose it's fair to point out that "string" isn't a SQL type. In fact, I should have used the term 'text' most places where the word 'string' appeared. But we're missing the point.

What I was trying to get at was, when I create a view based on the query "SELECT *, 'a' as origin from a.foo", the origin column in the resulting view has (according to PRAGMA table_info(foo)) a 'NUMERIC' affinity.

What I'd like is for table_info to report the origin column's affinity as TEXT.

So, now that I've got my semantics sorted, does anybody have any suggestions for how to make that happen?

Thanks,
-Mike Ashmore