Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Tandetnik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:21 PM
To: SQLite
Subject: [sqlite] Re: Difference between finalize and reset.

nbiggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can somebody please explain the difference between the
> sqlite3_finalize and sqlite3_reset functions.

sqlite3_finalize destroys the statement handle and all internal
structures associated with it. The handle is unusable after that.

sqlite3_reset clears the information related to the query now in
progress, but does not destroy the statement. You can now run another
query using the same statement, perhaps after binding different
parameters. You must call sqlite3_reset between two queries that use the

same statement.

> Do I just call finalize after calling prepare and step, or do I need
> to call reset also?

No need to call reset before finalize, if you are done with the
statement. You only need to call sqlite3_reset if you want to reuse the
statement for further queries.

Igor Tandetnik