Will Leshner wrote:

On Jan 31, 2006, at 1:42 PM, Bert Verhees wrote:

It is only the English speaking part of the world using Arabic numerals is a '.',

And the Japanese speaking world :)

Yuo are right, and the South American speaking Spanish also
But the South American speaking Portuguese not, the Russian not.
The Chinese, I could not check on my Windows.

Maybe it is fifty-fifty

A pragma taking care for this could help, but, for me I have written my own functions, doing the translation well, it is not an issue. Like Boguslaw, I use Delphi, I use a function like this, I am used to that, for many years, with many databases.

Decimalseperator is only a variable in the System-unit (I believe), changing it does not take much of the performance.

function Float2Str(f:Float):string
var
   olddec: char;
begin