Robert Simpson wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: andy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 6:38 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] Primary Key

I'm using sqlite 3.2.8

I have a table:

create table lookups
(
   id integer,
   descr varchar(80),
   codetype integer,
   primary key(id)
);

when I use:

pragma index_list(lookups);

It returns nothing. However, if I change the id field to text instead of integer, then it shows:

0|sqlite_autoindex_lookups_1|1

So my question is:

when id is an integer, is there an index? If there is, why does it not show?

If you're writing a subroutine to fetch the indexes for a database, you need
to code for this in the logic.  Call PRAGMA table_info() on all the tables.
Any row in any table_info resultset who's type is "integer" and who's pk
value is 1 are indexed rowids and you just make a fake entry in your return
array or whatever.

Robert

Ahh, excellent, thank you -- that was what I was looking for.

-Andy