Sigh... what is wrong with a message "disk full" when the disk space is exhausted? Why is simple and to the point a problem?

The point is, that this error is returned everytime a write to the disk failed - even if (for example) the write failed because of a network error (NFS-Server is restarted for example).

I remember that I've got a "disk full" message from MS-Word last year when I tried to print to a PDF-Printer (free space on my disk: 14 GB).

Bye,
  Michael

Drew, Stephen wrote:

John,

Thanks for the reply.

I disagree - my error message informs my users (who are technonerds)
that the disk or db file is full, when neither of these is the case.

Surely you can see that even a different constant error message in this
context would be preferable?  SQLITE_WRITE_FAILED or something?

As I say, I'm just altering the standard error text at the moment,
because it is misleading.

Steve