[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is this right?  You are doing a separate
CREATE TABLE for each message?  That's going
to be the source of your problem.  I think

Yes we are.  I tried a message/row design
early on but I could not count on it being
behaving well.  The problem was fitting
Outlook's internal API ( MAPI ) on a SQL
database.  Every message has a one-to-many
relationship with properties, which have
a one-to-many with values.  Combined with
some of the reporting requirements of the
API, I thought that a simple message/table
would work, at least for version 1.

I was hoping that the CREATE hit would not
be significant since it is only occured
when a message is created.

But there doesn't seem to be much we can do
about the reads.

PS. One approach seems to be to replace the
default 'sqlite3OsMalloc' with a pool based
malloc for speed.  It would be nice if this
was a function pointer instead of a define.
that way we could replace the function with-
out having to modify SQLite source.

Best Regards,
Kervin