[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> A user complains in ticket #1689 that SQLite does not
> allow triggers in one database to refer to tables in
> a different database or to TEMP tables.
> Should I remove the tests from SQLite that prevent
> triggers in one database from referring to tables in
> a different database?  Or should I leave things as
> they are and close ticket #1689 with a remark of
> "works as designed".
I don't really see any reason to do it.  When I use attach, I create a
function to open the main db and attach any extra db's as well as add
any temp triggers I may need.  I couldn't find anything in the ticket to
indicate that the user couldn't use this method.  After all, there's
nothing to prevent someone from dropping the trigger, altering the db,
the re-creating the trigger if a persistent version were allowed.