On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, RalfJunker wrote:

[...] Wouldn't it possible to have SQLite thoughtfully delete all files it creates when closing the database instead of relying on the operating system? [...]

Hello,

that would probably be possible, but not very efficient as you would have to keep a list of formerly used filenames around associated with the database handle.

Also SQLite3 does delete the temporary files, but I think (without having looked into the source now) it does so immediately after opening them as it is common good programming practice. I don't think DOS supports this approach, though.

cu,
Thomas