--- Darren Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I anticipate that the changes would mainly affect the upper layers,
> which convert user commands into virtual machine code, but that the
> virtual machine and b-tree and OS layers would remain more or less
> unchanged (this depends, of course, on a few details).  Possibly, we
> would add a new command language.

Although your projects' new features seem similiar to the way SQLite
currently operates, my guess is that perhaps you could reuse at most
20% of the code (btree and OS layers only) for your proposed
code fork. It is not a minor undertaking, but a complete rewrite.
You would spend more time re-examining each line of code's SQL-specific
assumptions than you would by simply starting over using the SQLite
code-base as a reference.

> 5.  It should not be necessary to explicitly declare indexes to help
> with speed.

How do you plan to do this?
Implicitly index every column in every table at the expense of
insert time and huge database size?