On 3/14/06, Dave Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Jay, but perhaps you could provide some useful links to the reading
> material you suggest instead of just stating what you think I need to do?

I tried to be helpful and point out where to start.
The encyclopedia is in front of you, but you have to turn the pages.

http://sqlite.org/lang_transaction.html

> At any rate, I do understand what is going on with the deadlocking, and yes
> I see that a begin immediate is needed for all threads in this case. So I
> should restate a question I had posed to Igor earlier -- perhaps there could
> be a pragma which caused all *write-transactions* to be begin-immediate?
> This would allow 1-line INSERTs (executed without a formal transaction
> wrapper) to also be begin-immediate.

That only works with specific usage patterns and hurts with others.
I think it's probably a good suggestion to look into. Dr. Hipp owns the
code so you might suggest it the next time he asks for enhancement
suggestions.