> That would be an excellent question to add to the FAQ:
> "How do I estimate the resource requirements for a database?"

I spent some time to create 3GB of sample data (just zeros, about half the
size of the actual data set I have to deal with). I'm currently importing it
into the database. As far as I already can tell: the main index will be
approx 4GB in size. AFAIK, 32bit systems never grant more than 2GB RAM per
process ...

This may take a while, about 20 hours maybe. The partition has approx 10GB, I
can't afford more. Let's hope that this is sufficient.

Since there's so much interest in this, I'll submit a couple of timings as
soon as possible =)

Regards
        Daniel