Alexander Roston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm having trouble with the library routine
> "sqlite3_release_memory." When I try to use it, the
> program exits with a segmentation fault.
>
> I asked the compiler to show me a list of the library
> routines and "sqlite3_release_memory" was not present.
> >From this I concluded that the
> SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGMENT macro has not been
> compiled into the library.
>
> What do I need to do at compile time to enable the
> SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGMENT macro? I've tried,
>
> "configure
> --enable-SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGMENT=yes" and
> other, similar command lines, but I'm still not seeing
> the "sqlite3_release_memory."

You'll need to manually construct your makefile - the
configure script will not do this.  You can either edit
the Makefile that configure generates or write your
own using Makefile.linux-gcc as a template.

The SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT feature is intended
for use on embedded devices where a manually created
Makefile is normally required anyway.  What exactly
are you trying to do?  Do you have some unreasonable
expectation of what sqlite3_release_memory is going
to accomplish?

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>