From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:46 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Different column names in callback function on Linux
vs. Windows

"Iulian Popescu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I checked the versions and indeed the one I'm using on Windows is 3.0.8
> whether the one on Linux is 3.1.2. This being said as far as I understand
> and please correct me if I'm wrong the two PRAGMA(s) are just commands you
> run used to modify the operation of the SQLite library. I haven't invoked
> any of them before running the statements I mentioned so I assume the
> default behavior was used. How can I find what this is for the particular
> versions I'm running?

You can find out the current values like this:

       % sqlite3 :memory:
       SQLite version 3.2.1
       Enter ".help" for instructions
       sqlite> pragma full_column_names;
       0
       sqlite> pragma short_column_names;
       1
       sqlite>

but beware that the *meaning* of the pragmas changed over time, so just
having
the same values doesn't necessarily mean that the same column names will be
returned by your queries.  (You can try to find out what changes were made
when, using the "timeline" on the sqlite.org website.  I don't recall when
the
changes I'm referencing occurred.)

For full compatibility in this area, the easiest method is to just ensure
that
you're using the same version of sqlite on both platforms, and then set the
pragma values the same.

Derrell