"Christian Schwarz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Practically one such line for each table and each column.
>
> Why on each column?

I just took the existing DB-import-script from that project. But ...

> For example, when your where-clause contains columns A, B and C (in
> this order) you should create *one* index on A, B and C.

... you are right, creating a combined index solves the speed problem.
Thanks.

> Separate indexes on column A, B and C are not that useful. In this
> case, SQLite would most probably use the separate index on column A.

Which would be a pity, wouldn't it? Postgres for instance seems to do
something more clever there, at least it's much faster, even with the
trivial setting of an index on each column.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

GreetinX
Steffen
--