On 3/30/06, Andy Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes. I tried adding an index to the table, after the data had been
> imported and prior to fetching the entry property values, and the
> construction of the index took longer than it had taken previously to
> fetch all of the property values.

The only way to significantly speed up extracting the data is to add the
right indexes to the table. You pay a small penalty for each insert or
update in exchange
for speed of retrieval. You pay the price in small increments instead
of in one big
lump. Users usually won't notice a few milliseconds lost here and there, but the
hour when they're waiting for an answer they do notice ;)