On 3/31/06, Igor Tandetnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Essien Essien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >     _sqlite3_open = (SQLITE3_OPEN)GetProcAddress(sqlite3_dll,
> > "sqlite3_open");
> >     if (_sqlite3_open == NULL) {
> >         printf("Cannot load function sqlite3_open");
> >         return 0;
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > I'm using Turbo C++ 4.5 IDE and related tools. (yeah... i know turbo
> > C++ 4.5is realy aged, but could this be the problem?)
>
> I believe Turbo C++ can only produce Win16 executables. A Win16
> executable can load a Win32 DLL but cannot call functions in it without
> jumping through extremely complicated hoops:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winprog/winprog/generic_thunks.asp
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/en-us/win9x/tc_0cz6.asp
>
> I would not recommend this route except when somebody is holding a gun
> to your head. You'll make your life a lot easier by using a modern
> compiler capable of producing Win32 executables. Visual C++ Express
> Edition is one such compiler, available from your friendly operating
> system vendor at no charge:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/
>
> Igor Tandetnik

wow!

Thanks for the quick reply.

To put it more succinctly... i think i'm fscked, since i _have_ to do this
with Turbo C++/Borland C++. It's not a life-threatening project anyways, its
a little assignment/project for a friend. I guess i'm just going to have to
build a poor man's sruct-to-binary-file-database then.

Once again thnx. At least... it wasn't my flat out fault ;)

Essien