I would also like to suggest Tcl/Tk. I have written grid
viewers, grid editors and also a record based editor for
data entry.

I beef up the scanty sqlite data definition with 3 data
definition tables that describe logical keys, validation
conditions, batch totalling, column titles and other stuff.
A useful trick is to limit the view of the table to a list
of field=value clauses so that the grid view can be limited
to a logical key subgroup of the data. This saves space in
the grid and batches the grid view. The extra data
definition allows you to have nice titles, validate changed
fields at field and record level and provide running totals
at the bottom of the grid.

And then there are the HTML versions of the same
thing.(sigh)

Regards, Paul Nash
webscool.org