The rowid of the table's record in the sqlite_master table would be great, but really any unique integer that I can later use to get the table's name would be fine.

Dennis Cote wrote:
Cameron Tofer wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to modifiy sqlite3_update_hook so the callback returns the table's id instead of the table's name. I'm not worried about proposing any official changes to the spec but rather a small customization for myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? At the point where the callback is made I'm not sure what's available. thanks. -cam

Cameron,

What do you mean by the table's ID? Do you want the table's root page, the rowid of the table's record in the sqlite_master table, or something else? In SQL the table's name is its ID.

Dennis Cote