-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You should design your interface using whatever design method
you are most comfortable with.  Or (better) just design your
interface using creativity and good sense and don't worry so
much about rigidly defined design methods.

I had a little chuckle at this.  I was reminded of the old PBS painting
shows on TV that I used to watch.  The artist would make "happy little
trees" and flit about the canvas.  His little dabs and whips of the
paintbrush would transform into a wooded glade, a rushing river,

mountains

with the sun dancing off the edges ...

Of course, when I tried to do the same thing, it turned out like brown
blobs.  When your hand automatically knows how to turn, and the brushes

are

so familiar you know which one you have just by the feel of it, then you

can

paint with the freedom seen on the TV shows.  Until then, you'll just

make

brown blobs.

It's the same with programming and programming languages, really.  All

the

books you read and courses you take in college are just there to help

you

get familiar with the brushes and the canvas.  They'll help keep you

from

making brown blobs, but you'll never make a masterpiece by the book.

Robert

I was always impressed with Dijkstra's contention that a programmer's
most important quality is a familiarity and skill with mathematics.  The
ability to think in abstract terms and understand the concept of proof
of correctness is certainly more important than learning a certain
methodology and blindly applying it.
JS

Persevere with your Math. My daughter had her Masters in Math by the age of 18 and when given some programming to do was intuituve and immediately productive, not needing to learn languages and methods. I attribute that to having been imprinted with the necessary intellectual discipline at an early age.