On 4/15/06, Dan Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've just now noticed the "without sqlite" part of subject. Though I'm
a bit confused if you really meant that since you later said that you
want to use it as embedded db.
If that means you really can't/won't link your app against sqlite3.dll
then my previous post is obviously useless. Here goes something more
appropriate for that case.

> I'm thinking of the following solutions:
> 1) Create a database with a small known table in it via sqlite.exe, and
> storing that file in
> my app (as a resource), and then copying that file to disk to "create a new
> database".
> (Then, I could drop the known small table).
>
> 2) Ship the sqlite.exe app, and launch it with the appropriate cmd line
> parameters to
> create the database.
I'd suggest you ship sqlite3.exe and SQL script that will contain all
SQL that is needed to initialize your db. Besides, sqlite3.exe will be
your only option to "interface" with db if sqlite3.dll is not an
option so you need to ship that anyways.

Though I'd strongly recommend reconsidering your approach here. If at
all possible, go with sqlite3.dll and use the API as I've suggested in
my previous post.

--
Nemanja Corlija <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>