To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:45 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Converting ver 2 to ver 3

On 4/14/06, Paul Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have taken the plunge and am converting from ver 2.8.16 to ver 3.

I used the .DUMP method but found a problem. My char/text fields containg numbers were output as pure numbers without the quotes, so that on input to ver 3 they were stored as integer rather than string. This is a kind of bug in .DUMP. Maintaining the textedness of values in columns with text affinity in ver 2 would ease the move to ver 3.

You could probably edit the quotes back in reasonably quickly using
any regular expression capable text editor.